Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snubbed and the outlaws.

It’s pretty sad that my entries are either pictures of my pets or rants about work. Since this entry is lacking in photographs, it will obviously be about the latter.

Snubbed. We have a new secretary who has been her for about 2 months. She’s fairly nice, a little on the quiet side. We have spoken a few times, talked at the lunch table, said hello in the hallways. Well the ‘cool kids’ have gotten a hold of her. As long as you play along with them, agree to worship them and be their minions, the cool kids will take on a newbie to increase their ranks.

Today, I went next door for a sandwich and she was waiting outside, alone. I saw her, we made eye-contact and no shit, she turned her back towards me and stood there when facing away from me as I walked up. Whoa. Okay. I say nothing and go inside to get my sandwich, she walks in, we make eye contact again and as soon as we do, she turns the other direction and walks away. I get back to the building and she waltzes in the lunchroon all smiles until she sees me and then she turns away. Are you fucking kidding me? I have been in this office for 4.5 years and with the USAO for over 10 and YOU are going to snub ME??!! Normally, I don’t react this way and I look for ulterior reasons as to why this would happen but it was so blatant that she wanted nothing to do with me and I have done nothing to deserve the cold shoulder. In case you guys have forgotten, I HATE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew. Okay. In other news, our Thanksgiving was absolutely great. Why so great you might ask? Because we spent it ALONE. No family. No issues. Just us, the pups, and Ryan and it was phenomenal!!! Of course, such a great holiday comes with a price.

We have to go to the in-laws (outlaws) this weekend and the drama has already started. The StepMIL has sent us her "itinerary" for the weekend. Mind you, we are there for about 40 hours total, about 24 waking hours. It is filled with family dinners with her side, FOUR junior hockey games (think ten year olds), shopping at the mall (I HATE the mall), a lunch with DH’s sister and brunch on Sunday. So then the MIL sends us her itinerary and it involves a large family dinner on HER side of the family along with some other things. Obviously there is no way that both itineraries can be adhered to as they both do not account for the other side of the family. Plus to be honest, they’re a big joke. You think we’re going to attend four junior hockey games? Puh-leeze. Even if we were going to be out there for a month, that wouldn’t happen. So, WE rearranged the itinerary to accommodate both families and be able to see his friends that he only gets to see maybe 3 times a year. Now? Everyone is disappointed that they aren't getting more "alone" time with us which is really just time to browbeat us about moving to Buffalo. Gee whiz! DH is ready to throw in the towel and not go at all. Instead of getting super bent out of shape as I normally do, I have actually started to find it amusing instead of irritating. Just seeing how far they take this nonsense. OOOHH!! And DH has given me free reign to put my StepMIL in her place when she starts making her nasty jabs at my family and how we run our marriage. Boy oh boy, it’s gonna get ugly!!

15 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Wanna run away to Happyland with me? *sigh*

*smooch*

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Meet me at Lake George for some shots!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

ZOMBS!! Are you going to be in Lake George anytime soon? I thought you only went during the fall!!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

*pout* I wanna go to Lake George if Tkit and Zombs will be there.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

I may be going in February during the PResident's Day week if DH can get off!

WE can meet at the Log Jam!(do you know that place? I just think the name is funny that is why I said it.)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Before or after President's Day??!! I am going to Minneapolis Feb 15-19. If it's after that, I will toally meet up with you guys!! I might even bring Thea and you can meet her. She can hang in the back of my SUV while we have a couple cocktails.

OMG!! I am so freakin excited!!

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger mm said...

That's unbelievable about the secretary! Is it possible to ever ask her what the problem is? Just to kinda force her to articulate something? I bet she couldn't!

Sounds like you guys are taking control of the outlaws visit. Good for you!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Swami said...

I hate when people act like morons in the workplace. Why people confuse work and Junior High I have no idea - but it sucks.

Good luck with that itinerary thing. I hate manipulative relations! And I hate holiday itineraries.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I know how horrible it feels to be snubbed. Some of the employees at the summer theater job were such snobs. They assumed I just worked at the gift shop for a living and would have nothing of interest to talk to them about. I ended up in tears (discretely) at one party because I felt so snubbed. I'm not used to it and it doesn't feel very nice.

As for the outlaws, I agree with your attitude. If you take things too personally & get wrapped up in the nonsense, you just feed the situation. If you approach it with a laid-back attitude and don't worry to much about hurting everyone's feelings, things tend to go much more smoothly!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Glowie said...

yikes. Neither of those things sound like fun.

I don't like my job but one really good thing about it is that as soon as I leave, I forget about it. Actually, I don't think about it much when I'm here.

The outlaws situation sound irritating but you seem to have the right attitude about it.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger yvonne said...

So how old is this new secretary, because she sounds like she's 19 (no offense to other 19 year olds).

I don't have time for that kind of crap so I'd tell her straight out that she's rude and stupid and it would behoove her to reconsider who she runs with and how she treats senior employees. But then again I'm over 40 and have completely lost my capacity to deal with idiots.

On the bright side, I think you have a totally cool hubby.

*smooches* to the Tkits

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Oops... I was hoping not to make eye contact. Now I guess I have to leave a message.

She sounds like a real pamf to me.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Yeesh. Good luck, Tkit. Don't let all the idiots bring you down. *smooches*

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

I bet someone told her some rumor about you and now she has these preconceived notions. F her!

*waits for kewl story about putting stepMIL in her place*

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Merry Christmas, Tkit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home