Monday, January 08, 2007

Stuff.

1. We quit drinking. $200 a month in hard liquor is way too much on the wallet and more importantly, on the liver. There are still some Miller Lite cans in the house but those are very similar to carbonated water.

2. I signed Bear up for Canine Good Citizen classes so he can be a therapy dog (nursing homes, vet hospitals). Although with the way he acts when he sees people though barriers (glass, gates, etc.), it’s going to be a major issue to get him to pass. Plus he’s very protective of me. *sigh*

3. I have started doing home visits for a lab rescue out of Rochester. Home visits involve going to the home of a prospective adopter to see if they and their home are suitable for adopting a lab. Very rewarding.

4. I am going to start English style horseback riding lessons again. I can’t wait.

5. It was 71 degrees and sunny here on Saturday. It was a gift!

6. TEE is really acting up. I knew she would. In fact, I am surprised it has taken her this long.

7. My brother in Utah is making a rather rapid descent into drug addiction and is going to end up homeless very soon. There is very little I can do from this far away when he will not speak to any of us. He has already been through 1 out-patient program followed by 2 in-patient programs. It's difficult to help someone that refuses to help themselves, especially one who has already received treatment.

That’s about all I have for you.

8. Oh and my other brother in Iraq sent me an 80gig iPod for x-mas. I was trying to get it squared away yesterday and now it will only blink "Do Not Disconnect." with the big red circle with the slash through it. That bothers me so much, it kept me up last night.

And if you've made it this far, a gratuitous pic of the pups.


11 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Happy New Year T-Kit!!

Looks like you have a lot of good stuff going on this year. Such a nice thing to have Bear signed up for the Canine Good Citizen classes. Good luck with that!

Sorry to hear about your brother in Utah. If only there were a way to reach him. *HUGS*

Love the pic of your babies! They are so adorable.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger yvonne said...

Happy New Year TKitty! Yay for the puppy pics. I adore those sweet faces.

Sorry about your brother. I'll send good thoughts his way (and your's too).

Sometimes I have the same issue with my iPod. I finally decided that if iTunes tells me it's okay to disconnect the iPod, then I disconnect even though the iPod says not to. (Did that make sense?) Anywho, so far no problems with the iPod. I still love it so much. *gazes adoringly at pink iPod*

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger momma said...

Enjoy the rescue adoption, it can be much fun and happiness in a stress filled world.

Your brother in Utah sounds much like my dad. *sigh* It's not easy. *big hugs*

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Monstah said...

Hey T Kitty. Good to see you and more importantly, yay for being able to do something you love! I am convinced the best thing for our soul is losing the self in an activity we love.

And yay for the pooches. I am not sure my two furry lugheads could handle being good citizens.

Sorry about your brother. I imagine that is hard to watch.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

*smooch* Glad to see you posting again. I've missed you.
Yay for all the good things going on around you. I'm proud of you.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

D'oh! I should have wished everyone a Happy New Year! So...um...Happy New Year!!

Thanks for the heads up Augie. I printed out the manual. I was stoopid to not read it before I started fooling with it. *sigh* Oh and mine is black. LOVE it. The first song I bought from iTunes was Mouthful of Cavities by Blind Melon.

My brother was the big fish in the small pond in high school. He was the football hero. He scored the winning field goal in sudden death overtime in the state semi-finals to win the game. He was on the front page of our paper two weeks in a row. A large color of just him...two weeks in a row! I *knew* he was going to have issues. It reminds me a little of Friday Night Lights. The town makes them out to be gods and then when they get out, they're nobodys and they can't handle it.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Swami said...

Sorry about your brother, T-Kit.

But yay on the English riding! I loved dressage back in the day! It is so fun and so freakin' hard to get good at. (Which I never really was. Put me on a real hotblood and I'm hopeless.)

Be around more, okay?

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever have it freeze up when it says Do Not Disconnect, press the menu button and the center button at the same time. It will reset itself.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

The pups look so quizzical. Very cute. I don't have an ipod.

Happy New Year! Missed your blog posting.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Awwww, I love the pooches!!!

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back.

I had some iPod issues lately as well. I tried what Deb did, and it was still having troubles. I took it in to the iPod store to a "genius." They were wonderful, and it was free.

He reset it. Then he told me to go home and charge it all the way up, put a few songs on it and set it for replay and let it run all the way down. Then I had to deauthorize my computer and reauthorize it. It then charged back up, downloaded all of my songs and is good to go. This may sound complex, but it's not.

Good Luck!

Sorry about your brother and hooray for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home