Monday, April 16, 2007

LUSH. OMG.

I went down to NYC this past weekend to see 'Wicked' on Broadway. It was fantastic!!!

Anyway, the first thing we did when we got into the city, was look for the LUSH store. Found it (slowly, we walked veeeerrrry slowly) and spent $85.

Now, I suppose I should preface this by saying my job has gotten so stressful that I have a Dr's appt. to have an EKG tonight. Lately, I have been having severe chest pains. They usually start on my drive into work and don't abate until the evening. Friday's were so bad that they went right into Saturday. The pain was so severe on the train ride down to NYC, that I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack on the train. Not good. (That's why we were walking so slowly.)

Back to the LUSH stuff. Last night, around 8:00 I decided to try out some of my stash. I drew a bath and threw in a Dream on bath bomb and a dreamtime melt. Holy.Hell. or should I say holy heaven!!! OMG. As much as Frisky has raved about this stuff, you just can't believe how good it is until you try it. After a 1/2 hour, I felt as though I had drank an entire bottle of wine. I was woozy, relaxed and could have slept on the bathroom floor in my bathrobe. And I smelled DIVINE!!!!

It is so worth the money. I loved every second of it. I just wish I made enough that I could take one of those every night. *snooze*

10 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I hope you are ok, tkit! Let us know how the EKG goes.

Dream On is my next weekend treat. :-) Sexbomb the weekend after that.

I tried Ne Worry Pas and Avobath this weekend. They make your skin so frickin' soft! I didn't love their smells as much as I thought I would, but it was fine.

I got Buffy the bodybutter and I love it. Although I want some bodybutter bars without buffy stuff in it.

I got a sample of the herbalism cleanser and didn't care for that. The soap sample I got was fine, but melts away so quickly.

I have a ton of stuff on my list. I NEED to go to a store. Maybe in August for the the walk in Chicago.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

I am hoping that he's going to tell me that I am just having panic attacks. My dad has a history of those. I am very good at bottling stuff up, ignoring it the best I can and then I inevitably explode.

Back to the good stuff, I bought 2 Butterballs, 2 Dream Ons, 1 Tisty Toasty, 1 Chelsea Garden, 1 Sex bomb, 1 Ceridwen, 2 Dreamtime melts and the Dream Cream. I wish I had bought more of the Dreamtime Melts. They are just outstanding. I was a little bummed that the store wasn't more organized and better labeled. Definitely go to the store. Bring some coffee beans with you in a small plastic bag so you can clear your palate. My nose was so confused that I was just working off my list.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*offers paper bag to tkit*
Maybe some time with a therapist would just help you find some peace. It helped Chris when he was having anxiety attacks.

The Chelsea Garden is so pretty in the catalog! Not sure I'd love the smell though. See, more reasons I need to go visit in person. The Butterball is on my list. I'm curious about the Dream Cream. It sounds nice.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

How did the EKG go?

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

EKG came out fine but my blood pressure was 140 over 90 when it's usually 110 over 60. They took four viles of blood to see if my heart was releasing any enzymes/protein which are indicators of damage. I had to go for a CAT scan of my lungs and heart this morning which, of course, I comepletly flipped out during because I was confined in a small space and couldn't get out.

Did I mention that because of the enornmous amount of rain, our basement has totally flooded and wrecked a bunch of stuff including our 2 year old washer and dryer?

I'm shocked I'm not dead yet from stress which I think what all of this heart stuff is really about.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Thanks for asking Kim. Only a couple peeps close to me know about this stuff so I haven't had much of a support system. Not that I really need one, it's just nice to talk about it to someone.

To make myself feel better, I place another order of my favorite stuff from LUSH. WOOT!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Yikes, tkit. I am glad that the EKG was alright, but I really hope that you find out what is wrong soon and are able to get some help. Please keep us updated.
*hugs*

I am really not a bath person, I might take 1 bath a year, but this Lush stuff has me curious. I could really use something to soften my skin in one easy step. Winter has wreaked havoc, and I am too lazy to apply lotion every day. I just don't think I can bring myself to spend $10 on a bath though.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Breezy said...

The massage bars are nice too.

I agree with the herbalism... not really impressed with it.

My favorite bath bomb is still the Sex one. *giggle*

Oh and I like the Sleepy Time shower jelly, the smell is sooooooo relaxing.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Breezy said...

Oh! And I hope your blood test come back ok Tkit. *smooch*

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

You're smart to be looking into that move. *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home