Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Viva Las Vegas....

I'm home and maybe only folks that have been to Vegas will understand this but...I feel...different. We both do. Very different. We have been too sendiment in our lives here. I will elaborate in a separate post but I feel so odd being home.

We need to make some major changes. We have been too dormant, too forgiving, too excepting of a life that sucks and I really don't want to do that anymore. The money at my job is great but when you get to the point where you are unable to separate the hell of work from your homelife, that starts to cause problems.

On a side note, I don't think the dogs have ever been happier to see us and they did well being boarded. :)

We are suddenly tired of being taken advantage of here and being forced (of our own voalition) to living a life of hell, especially me at work. Put it this way, we're looking at moving to Tennessee.

Vegas gave us a bit of longing for something better than what we have been living. Not the money and glory of Vegas but just finding a place where we are happier and more in control of our future and I, for one, am fucking sick and tired of the complete bullshit that I put up with at work. We're ready to make a change. I don't know if it was the unadulterated sunshine everyday and walking probably a minimum of 5+ miles everyday but there is a better life for us somewhere and it's not Albany.

To those who have been to Vegas, does this make any sense?

6 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

*grin* Total sense. It is part of what makes it my favorite place to go. Vegas got under your skin and in your blood. Not that you long to live there but the essence got to you. I'm not sure that makes sense. But as someone who likes to frequent Vegas, I do understand what you are talking about. We come back feeling differently every single time.
Glad you had fun. I hope it gives you the push that you want or need to seek out a better life. *smooch*

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Swami said...

Going anyplace where you totally step out of your ruts and into new & exciting things can be very life changing. I've never been to Vegas but I know the feeling you're talking about. So go for it!

Where in Tennessee? I've only been there a few times but I thought it was a pretty state with a nice climate.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

And holy hell, rereading my post that I made on 16 hours of overnight travel and no sleep, please excuse the GLARING grammatical errors. I *knew* I should have waited until today to post. *smacks forehead*

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Vacations in general make me rethink my life. Welcome home.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Anytime you move to warmer climates, that's a good thing. More sun, more warmth makes people happy.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger yvonne said...

Life is too short to live in a place that makes you feel trapped or unhappy. If you and your hubby feel that there is someplace better for you, I think you should go for it. You're young, no kids yet, it's the perfect time to go.

However, if you are moving to Tennessee to get closer to my celebrity boyfriend Keith Urban so you can steal him from me, then I'm going to have to say to you, Back.Off.Woman.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home