Friday, April 07, 2006

A quick true story for MM.

I thought you in the shower the other day. Why you ask? (and before Carey gets jealous...)

Well, I had just gotten into the shower and was leaning back, eyes closed, wetting my hair. When I tilted my head back upright and opened my eyes, I noticed a SPIDER crawling down the far inside edge of the tub. I scream (well, DUH!). I think "Calm down. Just get out of the shower and get something thick enough to squash it." But before I can react, the spider makes it’s way into the water that is draining and is now on the fast track to assault me in my end of the tub. I think "Oh.My.Freakin’.God!! IT’S HEADED RIGHT FOR ME!!!!!" I have never moved so fast in my life. That thing missed hitting my feet by mere nanoseconds and millimeters. I hopped out, naked and wet and totally freaking out, turned the water off and basically drowned the little bastard against the drain. Then, I took a huge handful of toilet paper to avoid any possibility of the dreaded ‘crunch’ factor and made sure he was firmly planted within the toilet paper to avoid the even more dreaded 'miss and crawl up my arm' factor. *waves to Jen* . I then threw the little pervert in the toilet and flushed. I thought MM would be pretty proud of me.

*shudder*

22 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Ack!!!!!
You sure know how to kill the mood.
LOL

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jen said...

LOL. I'm proud of you, too. See? the tp isn't so bad. *grin*
Good thing you didn't just let him go down the shower drain. I bet he would've held his breath to avoid drowning, climbed back out and crawled up your legs! *evil laughter*

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Carey- I was almost scarred mentally from the experience!

Hold me!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Jeeezus Christmas, Jen! Don't say shit like that! See, he was all curled up in a little ball pressed against the drain. I *know* he was faking it. That's why I had to act fast.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

I'll keep you safe, sweetness.
*holds Tkit tightly*

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You're lucky you're still alive. *snicker*

Jen <--- pretends to be all tough, but probably would have been flipping out, too

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

I am so hoping that none of that is code!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

I thought everything was code.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

HD, I assure you this was not code. It was an honest to goodness arachnid and it was trying to kill me.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

In case I don't get a chance to say so, have a great weekend, Tkit. And call me if you need to be protected. *smooch*

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Carey, love, have a great weekend yourself. I will definitely call you the next time I am being attacked in the shower. Just bring our hubby along with you.

*SMOOCHES*

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

That's a deal. *smooches*
Glad you are feeling better.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Swami said...

It's not fair that insects attack when you're wet and naked. I'm glad you handled the situation okay!

Spiders can hold their breath (laughs at Jen) but they can't take scalding. If you run full hot water onto them they die a horrible painful death, or so I have always believed...

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger mm said...

ACK! I actually almost died laughing as I read this, since I can of course, totally relate.

{{hugs}} Tkit!

I always scan the shower before getting in. There is nothing worse than naked spider stories.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

I would have been morified.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Well *I* am proud of you. Good thing you didn't clog up the toilet and have to deal with plumber's crack.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

OMG, what if the spider hung onto the top section of the toilet bowl when you flushed, and will reappear when you least suspect it?

OUCH!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

OMG! I so proud of how brave you were.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Lasann said...

I noticed a small spider above my kitchen cabinets way up along the ceiling. I forgot to kill it. Now I have to remember to get it tonight. It will involve a ladder so wish me luck!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

My condolences on the loss of Bucky. *hugs*

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

When do we get a new update?
*sits in corner and waits*

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Six things! Six things! Six things!

Or any other update...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home