Monday, May 21, 2007

Scouting Trip...I need some advice.

As some of you know, DH and I are going on a scouting trip to NC June 1-6. We are going to hit up Raleigh, Charlotte and possibly Winston-Salem. Charlotte is the big one. I will have no problem getting a job in Charlotte and DH should have a fairly easy time as well. The real estate market is incredible there. My question is should be head over to Knoxville? DH was just down there on an audit and he said it was just all that. It would be difficult to for DH to find a job but he thinks “you never know”. It will also take a huge chunk of time. 8 hours just in drive time. That’s a lot when you’re on a tight schedule. I am really torn about going over there. While I would LOVE to see it and hate to miss out on an opportunity, I also think we should focus our short time down there on Charlotte which is proving to be our best bet all the way around. But as soon as I write that, I think to myself, we’d be nuts not to drive over there. Help! What would you do?

11 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Yikes. That's a tough one. I suppose if we could make the time to drive there, we probably would. Just so not to put all of our eggs in one basket. But that's a lot of driving time. I wish I had an answer for you. *hugs*

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Hmmm. If I were you, I'd probably just focus on the 3 places you're already looking into. You want to get a good feel for them, and not try and rush through everything you want to check out. Is there a possibility that you could make another trip to look at Nashville?

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Agree with Carey and Jen. You'll be so busy checking out the other 3 places.

Knoxville is a beautiful city but what would be the point of living there if it would be difficult for your DH to find a job? You can't uproot yourselves there on the notion of "you never know".

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Update:

First let me preface this by saying that by "scouting trip" I mean we're choosing a city to live in and then job search. The only reason we're going to Winston-Salem is because you have to drive through it on the way to Raleigh.

That all said, we're going to Knoxville as well. *sigh* He actually has somewhat of an interview there on Friday June 1. If that meeting shows promise, then it might just be Knoxville. We won't know until we get down there and look at things and feel around a bit.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was torn as well, but I was leaning for you to go. Glad you are.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger yvonne said...

When I first read your title I thought it was a girl scout/boy scout trip which probably involved camping. I am so not a camping person that I was going to vote NO!

However I see I was wrong, and that you have already made your decision, so...

Never mind!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Rotsa Ruck.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Swami said...

Happy city shopping! Knoxville seems like a nice small city. We always stopped there on our way to Disney World.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

I think it's a great idea to go through Knoxville while you're down there. Never hurts to check out all of your options.

Hey... about that eye infection thingy you two had... do either or both of you wear contacts? There was a recall of lens solution posted on OT. Just thought of you when I saw it.

Contact Solution Recall

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

Scouting trip advice? I'll take 2 boxes of thin mints and 1 box of samoas.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Glad you have decided to hit all the places. I always worry myself about regret. Now, you'll make a very educated decision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home