Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My absolute favorite time of the year.

Spring is a little late this year, but well worth the wait. It's 82 and sunny today. That, in upstate NY, is a GIFT. The leaves aren't out fully yet but they're that light green springy color. That green color is the promise of summer and I LOVE IT!! It's exciting, refreshing, relaxing and exhilirating all at the same time. While our winter wasn't that bad, the last three months were TOUGH. Especially when the basement flooded in mid-April.

In other news, I still have pink-eye. I am on Day 10 and it's now in both eyes. DH is finally better. Today is my first day back to work since April 30. I have sunglasses on as the light is my office is killing me.

I am reading everyone's blogs everday but when I go to comment, I realize that I have to sign in and sometimes I just don't *feel* like signing in. Is anyone else as lazy as I am when it comes to this?

I bought DH a Weber grill for his birthday. He's going to come home from his audit trip tomorrow and find it in the garage with a big bow, new grilling tools and Weber's "Big Book of Grilling." A couple weeks ago, we ordered a big delivery of stuff from Omaha Steaks so we have plenty of good things to grill. WOOT!

8 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yay-glad things are going well, other than the pink eye.

We love our Weber (I think it's the Silver B...not sure) and the Weber Big Book of Grilling is awesome. My sister has it and cooks with it often. We haven't had a bad thing yet.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

*grabs fork, knife & bib and heads over for a steak dinner* :D

I'm lazy with signing in too! Sometimes it just feels like such a bother. At home, I stay logged in all the time.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

LOL. Yes, sometimes I am too lazy. At home, I am automatically signed in. But not at work.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

OMG! the green fairy is such a dipshit!

*evil laugh* :D

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

I wish I could stay automatically signed in, but I always have to sign in for my first comment.

Pass the BBQ sauce, please.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Swami said...

Icky pink eye!

We ditched our Weber and went to a gas grill afew years ago. It's not quite as tasty but it sure is super convenient!

I don't think I've ever had an Omaha Steak. They always seem over-priced to me and I can get nice, fresh prime meat at my local butchers for less.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Swami- it's a Weber gas grill. The Omaha steaks were on special. For $80 with shipping we received:

8 filet mignons
8 hamburgers
2 prime ribs
2 Top Sirloin
4 boneless pork chops
4 filet of sole stuffed with scallops and crab
8 gourmet franks
10 side of potatoes au gratin

I thought it was a pretty good deal!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger yvonne said...

We are kindred spirits, Tkit. I love spring, the infinite number of hues of green, the promise of months of great weather. Love it!

And what's not to love about grilling. One of my very favorite things is catching a waft of someone's cookout. My most favorite smell is catching a waft of a cookout that I will be joining.

Oh! And fresh cut grass. Heaven!

Hope you are all healed soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home