Friday, June 08, 2007

And the winning city is...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Charlotte! But we kind of knew that already.

Our trip went extremely well. About 40 hours driving in the car. While our choice would have been Knoxville just out of sheer niceness of the locals, the industry is just not there for us. I just cannot get over how nice the people were in Knoxville. I mean over the top nice and accommodating.

DH had a killer interview on Monday in Charlotte. He was in with them for 2 ½ hours and he absolutely loved how the firm is run compared to where he works now. While he was in with them, I went to the Visitor/Relocation Center and met with a realtor.

The company that he met with scheduled a second interview by phone the same day. He’s looking to make more than what he makes here and the cost of living in Charlotte is 12% less than where we live now. Finding a home should prove very easy as there is so many new homes available within our price range. Provided that everything goes well with his second interview, we are looking at moving by September 1. Holy.Crap. I can’t freakin’ wait. Just knowing I’ll be out of here at some point gives me the hope to shine it on just a little bit longer.

Raleigh is absolutely gorgeous but the industry is mostly tied to the universities and research. Not so hot for finance and large legal firms.

So kids, Charlotte, North Carolina it is. Spring there starts in late February. That concept to me is practically insane but I LOVE IT. WOOT!!!!!!

13 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Congratulations, Tkitty. *smooch* I can already hear the difference in your posts. You? have your spirit back. So happy for you. *hugs*

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Awesome! I hope this move gives you everything you want and more.
*smooches*

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger yvonne said...

Great news, Tkit. Bravie is right, you have your spirit back. Awesome, sweetie. Just awesome!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Grats!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

YEE!!!! Charlotte is just 5 or 6 hours from my house! Yippee!

So, TKit...if I get tickets to a race at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, can I stay at your house? :-)

Congratulations!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Thanks everyone! Let's just hope Wednesday goes well. Of course, as we are getting the house ready for sale, a pipe bursts and the mudroom is going to have to be replaced. *sigh*

Luna, I sh!t you not, when we passed the Lowe's raceway and they told us that the Hall of Fame was being built in Charlotte, I though "Oh good. If they want, Luna and her DH can stay with us." Weeeee!!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

This is wonderful news! I knew you would settle on Charlotte. It is lovely there, with lots of opportunities.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger MM said...

Sounds great, tkit!

Congrats!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Debcapsfan said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you. My friends live in Durham and it's very nice there. And if you ever want to meet half way when I'm down for a Hurricanes game, I'm there.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Breezy said...

Yay!!!!!

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Too cool.

Congratulations to you. You know you may be able to find something in a smaller firm.

And Spring is nice when it starts early.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

WOOHOO! Congrats T-kit. You are going to LOVE the mild temps. and, you'll only be a 4 hour drive from me :-)

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

I'm so happy for you TKit! I can't imagine why you would want to leave upstate NY though!*snort*

Good for you guys for actually taking steps to go through with it as well. This is something you guys will look back on with pride.

*big smooch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home