Friday, August 10, 2007

Last Day, Baby!

OMG. Can you guys even believe it? I am 5.5 hours away from escaping this hellhole, FOREVER!!!!! Do you all remember at the end of Braveheart where Mel Gibson is being gutted and he finds the strength to yell one single word? That will be me leaving the building today.

I will be in touch with you guys until the 27th or so. Then the computer goes bye-bye until mid September. I will update when I have computer access. Movers are coming on the 29th and then I am headed up to Sackets Harbor until we close on the house in Charlotte, around September 7th. I will then drive halfway down with the pups and stay in a hotel somewhere and complete the drive the next day.

Onto a whole new life. What a great day. *happy sigh* :)

P.S. Happy Birthday Augie!!!!!

9 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOM!!

:-)

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Nookie, I couldn't be more sincere when I say that I absolutely CANNOT wait to meet you. :)

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Breezy said...

So excited for you!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations! How are you enjoying the first week of the rest of your life? :-)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Did you get to sleep late today?

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Swami said...

So that was you yelling on Friday. I thought it was distant thunder!

I'm so happy for you, TK, and all the positive changes you have made to your life. Have a nice drive with the pups!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!!

Puffy, today was the first day I was able to sleep in. I've been getting up with the pups. Since today is DH's last day, we can split it now.

And get this. DH's OLD firm gave him $3000 in cash. How does that happen?

Employee: Hey, I quit.

Employer: That's too bad. Here's $3000 for a new TV.

*boggle*

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

LOL-can I get a job at your husband's old workplace?! Of course, my boss would probably do the same (ok, like $500 though), so I shouldn't complain.

Glad you are enjoying the pups, but I wish they'd sleep later for you.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Asrai said...

Congrats, TKit! Travel safe and enjoy your freedom and beginning of your new life! I can't wait until you're here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home