Monday, September 10, 2007

Aaaaannnnndddddd, we're back!

Hi everyone! I've missed you guys and seriously, I thought about all of you on a regular basis. I apologize for the confusion as to who could read my blog etc. It had nothing to do with allowing peeps to read, I just didn't know how to take it down while I was gone without deleting it completely.

This is going to be rather disjointed so I apologize in advance.

ETA: I left my job with my held high and I was definitley the bigger person. I brought Oop in on my last day and introduced her to TEE. Yup. TEE had actually given me some sound advice when Oop was little so I thought that would be the perfect way to leave. So, I know in my heart that TEE can't say ONE.NEGATIVE.THING about me thats true. And, in on the same type of subject, the neighbors kids? Taunted my movers. My moving crew was all African American; an uncle and his two nephews. The fvcking kids next door, stood out on the sidewalk and freakin' taunted them while they were moving our stuff. I was livid and wanted to call the cops and came || <---- this close but was worried that they would do something awful to the house. You have no idea how badly I wanted to scream a ridiculous amount of obscenities at their house when I drove away but I didn't. I figured it would make me feel worse to that then just walk away...

So. We're in Charlotte in our new house. We didn't hit one major snag which was unbelievable! I arrived here Thursday with the dogs. DH started his new job two weeks ago and loves it. We've already gone to a neighbor's house for a cookout with lots of wine so that was nice. We had new washer and dryer delivered along with a new 42 inch plasma hdtv and a new printer/copier/scanner thingy, all courtesy of DH's old firm.

I am busy unpacking and holy.hell. do we have A LOT of stuff. Yikes. I had no idea we had as many kitchen items as we do.

I have only talked with the good employee once. I could barely handle that. I knew my old job was toxic, I just never realized how much. I had to drive by the back of my old building to get to the U-Haul store for more boxes and I would get that familiar tightness in my chest just thinking about that jail that I worked in for 5 years. I definitely miss working to be honest with you. Miss having a purpose I guess. My purpose now is so mundane; take care of the dogs, unpacking boxes, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping...I suppose I am not really cut out for staying at home. Basically, after everything is done with the house, I need to find a job ASAP. Although, I still haven't left the house on my own. I'm a bit wary of that. I haven't driven anywhere without the dogs in over 10 days. I knew Charlotte was huge but driving around with DH yesterday? OMG. I could get lost and not find my way back for a week! Oh and we joined a church if you can believe that. *snort*

Just wanted to touch base with all of you. I will be catching up on your blogs when I take breaks from the endless cardboard and packing paper which seems to have consumed my life. *SMOOCHES*!!!

P.S. Luna, if you and your DH are planning on coming down in October for the race at Lowe's, you are more that welcome to stay with us. :)

19 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Welcome back to blogland! Glad the move went well. And nice to hear you are already making neighborhood friends.

OMH-I can't believe the neighborhood kids taunted your movers. I'd have left a nice little note with the parents saying how happy you are to be leaving neighbors that had racist, ill-mannered children.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Glad you're back, TKit! I've never had to move that far, having always lived within 100 miles of the city I was born in.

I hope you enjoy your time without a job. You can always take up tennis and spend your days playing in social leagues and taking lessons! ;-)

Church - you don't HAVE to be a religious zealot and a hypocrite to enjoy church life, you know. Most church goers aren't.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

*shakes head* So many changes, but all for good! Not many people can say that! How are the pups and Ryan adjusting to the new place?

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oh-last night I realized I forgot a very important question:

How is the new bathtub?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger thndrkttn said...

Kim, I was so embarrassed by the neighbor kids. I apologized profusely to our movers.

MTW, we basically joined the church for a sense of community which has beem nice. I really like the two Reverends.

Puffy, the dogs are well. If they Mommy's dogs before the move, they sure are now. Especially Bear. OMH, that dog has become super clingy. Ryan isn't fairing so hot. He has some urinary thing going on which was causing him to pee every few minutes. Poor guy. He's now on anti-biotics and kitty morhphine. Lucky cat! ;-)

Kim, can you believe that I have NOT used the tub yet?! Travesty I know. I even have a Sex Bomb sitting on the windowsill waiting for such an occasion.

Once the house is unpacked an painted, I am thinking about volunteering for the humane society. The only problem though is they require at least 30 hours a week to volunteer in some of the positions. That's a bit steep when I need to be looking for a real job.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Swami said...

TKit!!!

Moving into a new house IS a full time job. You can't rush some parts of it, and it needs to be done thoughtfully and well. And maybe you need to de-toxify a while before looking at new jobs.

Too bad you couldn't just firebomb the evil neighbours' house as you drove away for last time. Oh well. Good for leaving the old job with your head held high!

Thirty hours of volunteer time seems pretty extreme to me. I don't think they have that rule around here.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger momma said...

Yay! So glad you are back to blogland and happy in Charlotte!!! That's wonderful news. You definitely sound more "up" in this post than you have in a while.

*smooooooooooch*

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you, and I know it's all going to be great.

If you joined a church, you need not worry about going to the store for milk. I hear they have a never-ending supply of good milk at church.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad to hear everything went smooth with the move. Smooth move. Heh heh.

It must be a lot of work putting your new house together. But it will be worth it in the end.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

I missed you mostest! Just sayin'. :D

So glad things are going well!

*squirms in seat waiting for the dirt about the old-job-that-was-hell*

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger dragonflies said...

Just popping in to say Hi Tkitten! Glad the move went uneventful. Enjoy your new house!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger MM said...

Nice to see you back, Tkit! I'm glad the move went well. I can't imagine how much work it must be!

Hearing about the neighbor kids makes me sick. Even telling on them would unfortunately not have helped I bet. *sad sigh*

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

*Giggle* Aren't you cute! Doubtful on the October race, but maybe the Memorial Day race. I've never been to Charlotte but I'd love to visit, solely to see you!

I'm happy everything went so smoothly with your move, with the exception of the obnoxious neighbor kids. How sad that they've been raised so poorly.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

YAY! T-kits back!

So glad that your move went smoothly, aside from the asshat neighbor kids. *shakes head*

I'm really so excited for you.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Breezy said...

Welcome back! I agree that you should take some time to de-toxify before doing the job search.

OMH, I would have called the cops on the neighbor kids.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Ohhhh, you're back to blogging. Welcome back. *smooch*

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

My kittens need a sitter during the day. You could fly here and I'll give you $10/day. :-)

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Asrai said...

I can't believe I forgot to check in. I'm glad you're here, safe and sound! Moving sucks....I know!

Those neighbor kids would be in for a hurting if they were my soon to be ex neighbor kids! *evil grin*

Charlotte can be scary to navigate sometimes, but like anywhere else, you'll soon get the lay of the land and be zooming everywhere like a NASCAR driver in no time! If you want to hit the mall, try Concord Mills. It's awesome and has a huge Bass Pro Shop in it...if DH likes that sort of thing!

Welcome home, sweetie! It's good to know you're here!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger yvonne said...

So glad you are back!

It's always a bit of an adjustment (for everyone) when you move. I'm sure the pups and Ryan will be back to normal soon.

Keep us updated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home