1. We quit drinking. $200 a month in hard liquor is way too much on the wallet and more importantly, on the liver. There are still some Miller Lite cans in the house but those are very similar to carbonated water.
2. I signed Bear up for Canine Good Citizen classes so he can be a therapy dog (nursing homes, vet hospitals). Although with the way he acts when he sees people though barriers (glass, gates, etc.), it’s going to be a major issue to get him to pass. Plus he’s very protective of me. *sigh*
3. I have started doing home visits for a lab rescue out of Rochester. Home visits involve going to the home of a prospective adopter to see if they and their home are suitable for adopting a lab. Very rewarding.
4. I am going to start English style horseback riding lessons again. I can’t wait.
5. It was 71 degrees and sunny here on Saturday. It was a gift!
6. TEE is really acting up. I knew she would. In fact, I am surprised it has taken her this long.
7. My brother in Utah is making a rather rapid descent into drug addiction and is going to end up homeless very soon. There is very little I can do from this far away when he will not speak to any of us. He has already been through 1 out-patient program followed by 2 in-patient programs. It's difficult to help someone that refuses to help themselves, especially one who has already received treatment.
That’s about all I have for you.
8. Oh and my other brother in Iraq sent me an 80gig iPod for x-mas. I was trying to get it squared away yesterday and now it will only blink "Do Not Disconnect." with the big red circle with the slash through it. That bothers me so much, it kept me up last night.
And if you've made it this far, a gratuitous pic of the pups.